Sunday, February 25, 2007

A New Week

A week ago, I figured the Nets would be dismantled by now. While one could certainly still argue that they should have gone the way of rebuilding, the current team has responded. Funny how things change. Vince Carter recently made statements that hint him NOT leaving New Jersey after this season. And tonight, VC dropped 40 pts on the crosstown rival, the New York Knicks, who still cannot solve the habitants of the Meadowlands. While Knicks fans have been upbeat recently, they must realize that despite the myriad of problems the Nets have had, they are still inferior to NJ.

Depending on how Carter is playing, if the Nets get Richard Jefferson back, they can win a playoff series in this strange, awful Eastern Conference. I refuse to get my hopes up because Nenad Kristic will not return, but it still made me smile to see the Nets continue their dominance over the Knicks in the Kidd Era. I fully trust Rod Thorn, one of the best executives in the NBA. Since he refused to trade either superstar, I will believe that he could take drastic steps in teh rebuilding process. And I will enjoy watching this current Nets team for one more season.

No comments: